How many times do you feel your kids haven’t had their 5 a day or wish that they would eat salad or their vegetables. Well this little trick is a great one. It also is vegan, refined sugar free and gluten free.
Packed full of nutrients – it’s half banana and half avocado with a hint of maple syrup and some raw cacao powder. I haven’t yet come across a kid who doesn’t like this.
It’s also incredibly easy to make. We like to add freeze dried raspberries as a topping.
It is better with ripe Avocado (although avoid any brown bits as they can be sour), and bananas to give it the silky smooth and naturally sweet texture. You want to avoid getting a lumps in – which could happen if you used unripe of both.
Dreamy Healthy Chocolate Mouse
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 soft avocado
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp chilled water
- A tiny pinch of sea salt
- To Serve :
- a pinch of freeze dried raspberries
- Step 1 Chop the banana and avocado and put in equal amounts to a blender with the Cacao powder. Keeping back a small anoint of each to add depending on the taste. Try a taste at this stage, one should not overpower the taste of the other. If it tastes a bit avocadoey then add some more banana. Equal amounts usually work best.
- Step 2 Then add the maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla and salt and blend again. Taste to check the sweetness that you desire.
- Step 3 Add the water if you need a more liquid consistency.
- Step 4 Add to the serving bowls and sprinkle the freeze dried raspberry pieces and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.