Here is a recipe that I created after I was working much more from home. Though I loved it so much as it contains some of my favourite tastes, that I started making it whilst I was making breakfast for the girls during the mad morning rush and putting it in a take away food flask for my lunch if I was having meetings out. It doesn’t need to be warm – it’s perfect hot or cold.
I perfected it when I had friends popping round for an impromptu dinner, and I always had these ingredients in the fridge and cupboard. Basically all you need is an oil, your favourite veg, courgette or packet noodles, soya sauce, ginger, tumeric, some chilli or something with a bit of spice, some nuts and a lime. The lime is very important.
This recipe is the healthiest version using courgetti but you can add any cooked noodles or even have it on some rice. You can also add any nuts, I had sesame seeds at hand when I made this but I often use cashew nuts. Either way it’s super healthy, very fast and very tasty. It’s a yummy, fiery treat whilst the kid are at school.
Quick, healthy & hot mum's lunch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated turmeric
- a pinch of back pepper
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 handful of mixed veg such as spring onion, carrot thin batons, green beans, sliced red pepper, spinach.
- half a courgette - spiralised
- 1 teaspoon gluten free soya sauce
- a handful of sesame seeds
- 1 lime
- Step 1 Heat up the sesame oil in a wok
- Step 2 Add the garlic, ginger, tumeric, black pepper and chilli flakes and stir for a minute
- Step 3 Add the chopped mixed veg, holding back the spinach. Stir in with the spices for a couple of minutes.
- Step 4 Add the courgetti , soya sauce and sesame seeds and keep stirring.
- Step 5 After a couple of minutes when it is a little soft but the vegetables still have a good crunch, transfer to your bowl.
- Step 6 Add a good squeeze of lime.